Collaboration and conflict
leading in times of difficulty
an individual online training program
“Most groups behave pleasantly when all goes well.
However, even the nicest, most civil, generous group, when disturbed, will become a belligerent monster.”
For whom is this program?
This program is for courageous leaders of teams, management teams, board of directors, project groups, steering committees, operationals teams, network groups, task-forces,… who want to address conflict situations head on and with and open mind. It is for those who wish to invest in the conflict resolutions capacities of individuals, teams and the organization.
Experienced internal and external professionals (e.g. HR consultants, team coaches, change agents, process consultants, prevention counsellors) who want to defuse a conflict, learn how to intervene adequatly in intense situations to stop escalation and use the energy as a starting point for change and growth.
This program is interesting for you if you wish to start at a self-chosen moment and go through the steps of the program in your own pace. There is a lot of space for your needs, questions and interests.
Why this program?
Collaboration often runs smoothly, but sometimes you are confronted with difficult situations, dysfunctional communication, lingering tensions or open conflict.
In those moment your firm and empathic leadership is more than ever required! Specifically in such situations your are visible as a leader or facilitator. Seize the moment to make a difference.
The courage to look at what is, to acknowledge conflicts, to address difficult topics, to stay calm in times of chaos and tension, and to be a dependable authority, are some of the basic ingredients of constructive conflict resolution.
What will you get out of this program?
- You recognize the group dynamics that emerge under tension and the early warning signs of conflict, to enable you to proactively address difficult situations and to consciously invest in the development of your team, department or organization
- You can work with the undercurrent and detect obstacles in collaboration, so you can use the potential of the group in an optimal way
- You canv facilitate courageous conversations and invest in an open atmosphere and productive climate in your organization
- You deal adequatly and thoughtfully with crises, sudden conflict and experiences of loss to prevent further damage and human suffering
- You invest your ‘self’ as an instrument of change and growth and are stable and resilient in the face of lingering tensions, resistance, intensity and emotions
“The best team is one where the members are prepared to take personals risks, address conflict and have courageous conversations.”
(Manfred Kets de Vries)
structure of your individual program
Kick-off meeting: welcome, introduction and orientation
Intake: personal preparation & self-assessment
Module 1: Observing groups and group dynamics
Module 2: Tension regulation in groups: the potential of differences
Module 3: Neurotic patterns in groups: how to get unstuck
Module 4: Facilitation of escalated conflicts and dealing with crisis
Module 5: The power and potential of courageous conversations
A monthly Q&A session
Access to the private LinkedIn Community for all your questions
You can start this program every month on a fixed date.
All session are online (zoom)
Included in the participation fee:
- Kick-off meeting (30 min)
- 5 personal sessions of 1h30min for your questions, reflections on experiences, feedback
- Input for each module: videos with a presentation,text material, reflections, invitations for experimentation
- Tools and group methods for application in your context
- Daily practices for support
- Q&A sessions: your participation in monthly live sessions for all your questions and to share experiences
- Access to the private LinkedIn Community for all your questions and for extra information
For indenpendent consultant and SMEs in Flanders: Circles for Connection is a certified ‘training’ supplier for KMO portfolio. This means that our trainings can be subsidized if you meet the criteria.
Introduce your request for subsidies at KMO after reception or our invoice.
Registration number: DV.0229281
Any questions? Ask for a free introductory meeting!
+32 (0) 486 14 86 33
Starting dates for your individual program (spring 2021)
- Wednesday 10 Febrary 2021
- Wednesday 17 March 2021
- Wednesday 21 April 2021
- Wednesday 19 May 2021
- Wednesday 23 June 2021
Q&A sessions on Wednesday evenings
- 24 February 2021
- 31 March 2021
- 5 May 2021
- 9 Juni 2021
- 7 July 2021
7.30-8.30pm (Brussels time)
Deadline for registration
One week before the starting date
participation fee for this program
3.750,00 Euro (excl. btw.) or 2.625,00 Euro (excl. vat) with KMO-Portfolio subsidies